Dear Magic to the World – friends and supporters,
Towards the end of april we will head to Asia to realize our first Magic to the World project of 2019. The landlocked country of Laos still counts, according to the UN, to the group of the ‘least developed countries’ and is the least developed country of the south-east Asia region. Only few years ago, more then half of the population lived below the poverty line of 2 US$ per day.
Even as things are moving forward quickly on the big and small cities of the country, where a lot is invested in infrastructure and the general living conditions, especially the rural population gets left behind. The local communities often lack access to clean drinking water and good educational ressources.
Along with the local NGO Volun-Tour Laos and their funder Ounprason we want to support the rural village of Kwok Ngniew in the Chomphit district, 30km up the mountain from Luang Prabang in setting up a gravity-based water supply system. Besides the known faces of Ronny and Marcus, our team will be completed with Krissi, Kenny, Kevin and Sebastian.
Supplemental Gravity Flow Water System for Kwok Ngniew village in Laos:
Together with Volun-Tour Laos we decided to start the drinking water project for a positive long-term impact on the living conditions in the village. Because Oun has already found some donor angels, mostly from the US, to also support this project financially, we can split the costs (~25.000 USD) between different parties.
Our aim for Magic to Laos will be:
- Kwok Ngniew Village consists of aprox. 450 people and lies 30km uphill from Luang Prabang thru mountainous terrain with difficult accessibility
- Water supply at the moment is only from small tanks or by a small mountain river. With the supplemental gravity flow water system, supply will be secured thruout all year for all the villagers.
- By access to clean water, cases of diarrhoea and typhoid fever will significantly decrease
- the local primary school will gain access to clean drinking water which will increase the learning athmosphere
- With running water it will be possible to install better home sanitation systems, also lowering the risk for infections
- Also sustainable vegetable farming will be easier to plan. The productivity in farming will grow.
By access to running and clean water, the living conditions in the village will increase immediately. The impact will last up to 15 years and only little maintanace will be required once the construction is finished.
To support our project and the village in rural Laos, you have various options to donate:
- By bank transfer to our NGO account (Fidor Bank AG):
|recipient:||Magic to the World e.V.|
|IBAN:||DE26 7002 2200 0020 4429 13|
- Via Paypal to Marcus’ account
- Or thru our Crowdfunding-Page for donations using VISA, Mastercard or Sofortüberweisung (we pay 4% in fees)
Your donations qualify for tax deduction of citizens of the European Union. Please let us know if you would like to receive a donation receipt.
We promise that all the money you trust us with goes towards the good cause. We account for all our travel, transportation and food expenses ourselves, meaning that 100% of the money raised will be invested directly in these project.
For any questions, comments or ideas, please contact us by:
Whatsapp: +4915143188926 (Marcus)